[virt-tools-list] No VNC / virt-viewer output from guest VM

Dominik Schips dominik at s235.de
Wed Apr 21 16:10:12 UTC 2010

Hello,

Am Dienstag, den 20.04.2010, 12:57 -0400 schrieb Cole Robinson:

> > Any advice how to debug virt-viewer, virt-manager to get informations
> > about the VNC connections?
> >

> You can try virt-viewer with --debug and/or --gtk-vnc-debug options.
> Also, make sure that 'vncviewer localhost:5900' works when run from the
> local machine: if that fails, it might be a qemu or kvm issue.

My Debian version of virt-viewer don't have the --debug option.
Other vnc programs I tried also din't connect to port localhost:5900.

I try to install the testsystem from scratch again and look if the
problem still exists.

ii  virt-viewer                             0.0.3-2

~$ virt-viewer --help

syntax: virt-viewer [OPTIONS] DOMAIN-NAME|ID|UUID

virt-viewer version 0.0.3

  -h, --help              display command line help
  -v, --verbose           display verbose information
  -V, --version           display version information
  -d, --direct            direct connection with no automatic tunnels
  -c URI, --connect URI   connect to hypervisor URI
  -w, --wait              wait for domain to start

--

Best regards

Dominik Schips