[virt-tools-list] Add a manually configured XEN

Michal Novotny minovotn at redhat.com
Tue Aug 3 13:18:44 UTC 2010

Hi,
I can see the point Bernhard. It seems that libvirt is not aware of this
guest. Well, if virsh (part of libvirt) is seeing the guest only then
the guest is running then you need to create a configuration for that in
the libvirt itself. I know there's something like:

virsh domxml-from-native <format> <config>

but I never used it so I don't know about the config and format and how
does it work. Please try asking the libvirt guys on the libvirt list (I
put this list in CC now).

Michal

On 08/03/2010 02:59 PM, Bernhard Suttner wrote:
> Hi,
>
> manually means, I did not use virt-install or the virt-manager to add the XEN domU to the dom0. I set it up manually (created configuration manually, added disk images and so on manually, ....).
>
> virsh list --all does show the domU BUT only if I start it manually with xm create domU. If the domU does not run, it does not appear. Other virtual manchines (domU) which I created with virt-manager or virt-install do also appear, if the domU is  currently not up (stopped).
>
> Best regards,
> Bernhard

Michal Novotny<minovotn at redhat.com>, RHCE
Virtualization Team (xen userspace), Red Hat