[virt-tools-list] Default use of caching on raw volumes

Jamin W. Collins jcollins at asgardsrealm.net
Mon Aug 16 15:41:16 UTC 2010

On 08/16/2010 09:06 AM, Jon Nordby wrote:

> This is very likely because you filed against the libvirt product in
> bugzilla and not virt-manager, and it was not clear from context that
> you meant virt-manager. If it says that you should do that on the
> webpage, please state where so it can be fixed.

Start here:
http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/index.html

Select, "Wiki", which takes you here:
http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/page/Main_Page

Select "Bug reporting and feature requests", which takes you here:
http://virt-manager.et.redhat.com/page/BugReporting

First section states:

"Reporting virt-manager bugs
[edit]
Where to report
Bug reporting will preferably be done at bugzilla.redhat.com, against
the 'virt-manager' or 'python-virtinst' component.

If you built from source, use Product: 'Virtualization Tools'.
If you are using a package provided by Fedora, use Product: 'Fedora'.
If you are using another distros package, either file a bug with them,
or use the 'Virtualization Tools' product as above.
Bugs can optionally be reported to virt-tools-list
(http://www.redhat.com/mailman/listinfo/virt-tools-list)"

That is exactly what I did.  Rather than closing it shouldn't they have
reassigned it to the appropriate component if the wrong one was
selected?  Seems very bad form if valid bugs/requests filed against the
wrong component are simply closed out of hand rather than reassigned to
where they should be.

> I suggest you change the product to virt-manager and reopen.

Done.