[virt-tools-list] Access to individual VMs

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Thu Feb 18 14:36:08 UTC 2010

On 02/17/2010 05:55 PM, Dennis J. wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to provide access to individual VMs using virsh or
> virt-manager? What I'm specifically trying to do is to give users the
> ability to shutdown/destroy/start their own virtual machines in case the VM
> hangs. Is this possible?

Not at this time, the required support is missing at the libvirt level,
it's really all or nothing

Having users use the qemu:///session libvirt connection, they can each
have their own VMs run as their own user, stored in the their homedir,
but there are technical limitations: no use of bridged networking, VMs
can't be autostarted, among others.