[virt-tools-list] Can't use a physical device

Chris DiLorenzo cdilorenzo at gmail.com
Sun Jan 3 00:39:38 UTC 2010

I am running virt-manager 0.7.  I am trying to add a usb drive to one
of my domU's.  Initially, when I tried to add the USB hardware the
list of USB devices was blank.  A little googling showed that I should
restart the libvirt service.  I restarted it and ran virsh
nodedev-list and now there is a list of devices.

The problem is now when I try to add the hardware there is no option
at all for adding physical hardware.  All I have is Storage, Network,
Input, Graphics, and Sound.

hald is running.  I have no idea what else to look at.  Any help is appreciated.