[virt-tools-list] installing windows 7

Kurt Milligan kurt at milliganshome.net
Sat Jan 30 19:55:56 UTC 2010

Hi All

Trying to use virtual machine manager to install a windows 7 guest, and
getting stalled at the "Setup is starting" screen (just after the first
screen where you choose your language/keyboard/etc). The cursor spins,
but it never moves on.

I noticed that when I created the virtual machine, there is no option
for windows 7 in the operating system dropdown; it only goes up to
windows vista. Not sure if this makes a difference or not. I've tried
both Windows Vista and the default.

If it matters, my host machine is running Ubuntu 9.10.

Any thoughts / places I can trouble shoot?

Thanks!

-Kurt