[virt-tools-list] Usage of virt-clone

Bla Blubb blablubb85 at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 15 10:14:25 UTC 2010

Hi,

I want to use libvirt to manage my Xen-Server and have some questions.

I have one SERVER with libvirt-bin 0.4.6.1 (from the Debian Lenny
Repository), Xen 3.1. All the images of Xen determine in /image.

Then I have an SLAVE with libvirt-bin 0.4.6.1 (from the Debian Lenny
Repository).

>From this SLAVE I want to start / stop and clone my virtual machines on
SERVER. I figured out to place the configuration files on the SLAVE to start
/ stop the virtual machines on the SERVER.

Now I want to clone a defined VM:
virt-clone --connect xen+tcp://server/ --original blubb --name kopievonblubb
--file /image/kopievonblubb.img
ERROR    [Errno 2] Datei oder Verzeichnis nicht gefunden: '/image/blubb.img'

I want to clone the VM on the SERVER and place the clones Image on the
SERVER in the /image folder.
Does this cloning not working on remote hosts? Or have I a mistake or is the
version of libvirt to old?

Hope somebody can help :)

Greeting Jessica