[virt-tools-list] virt-install hangs when rebooting guest

Thomas Fjellstrom tfjellstrom at shaw.ca
Sun Jul 25 01:38:26 UTC 2010

On July 24, 2010, Thomas Fjellstrom wrote:
> I'm having a tough time trying to get virt-install to create a usable
> guest with xen. virt-install hangs after printing its restarting the
> guest, and the guest itself is listed as paused, with 0 vcpus.
> resuming/unpausing the guest doesn't actually seem to do anything, and
> its still stuck with 0 vcpus.
>
> Also, virsh commands take several seconds to do anything, not sure whats
> causing that.
>
> Thanks,

It seems its related to trying to install debian in xen. Once I converted
the virt-instal config to a xen-xm config, removed the "bootloader" item, and
added the kernel and initrd items, everything started up.

I guess I'll have to use straight xen tools till I can figure this out.

--
Thomas Fjellstrom
tfjellstrom at shaw.ca