[virt-tools-list] virt-tar upload problem

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Sun May 9 21:21:36 UTC 2010

On Sun, May 09, 2010 at 10:30:43PM +0200, Natxo Asenjo wrote:
> # virt-tar --version
> 1.2.3
> # virt-tar -u wiki test.tar /tmp/
> unknown filesystem /dev/hdc
> tar_in: write error on directory: /tmp/ at /usr/bin/virt-tar line 246.

Thanks for updating and testing the latest version.

> >> debian lenny 32 bits.
> >
> > Can you try running:
> >
> > virt-inspector --perl wiki
> >
> > and see what the output is?  It'd be really useful to file bug(s)
> > about this too, so that we can formally track the issue.
>
> See attachment.

This is interesting because virt-inspector detects the OS just
fine, which means it's especially confusing why virt-tar fails.

/tmp exists in the guest?  Is it possible to upload into a different
directory?

Is there some way you can send me the disk image?  Obviously it'll be
large and may contain proprietary information.  But I'd really like to
get to the bottom of this bug.

Rich.