[virt-tools-list] Moving VM configs from qemu://session to qemu://system

Oliver Hookins oliver.hookins at nokia.com
Thu May 27 10:02:46 UTC 2010

Hi,

I stupidly created a number of VMs (which work) using my unprivileged account's
qemu://session connection. Unfortunately due to the well known networking issues
I need to move them to run from the qemu://system connection. The connection
works for me (my user is already in the libvirtd group) but I am at a loss as to
where the configs need to go.

I noticed when creating a new VM under the system connection, the XML config
file is created under /etc/libvirt/qemu, however I can delete this file and
restart everything and the VM is still there which leads me to believe that the
configs are not primarily stored there or are cached somewhere.

Oliver Hookins