[virt-tools-list] virt-v2v questions

Kenneth Armstrong digimars at gmail.com
Tue Nov 2 12:36:17 UTC 2010

Thanks Rich.

I'm actually asking this more for RHEV usage.  I don't know if you're
directly involved with RHEV development, but I do know that they are
using more of your tools in RHEV now.

I have an export storage domain that I have exported a VM to.
Supposedly, according to the RHEV documentation, it is exported as an
OVF format.  However, it creates the disk images as logical volumes on
the export domain, with GUID's instead of easy to understand names.
What I am attempting to do is find a way to use virt-v2v to pull the
VM off of my export storage domain and convert it into a KVM VM to
store on an external hard drive as another layer of backup.

-Kenny