[virt-tools-list] virt-install question

Anton Gorlov stalker at altlinux.ru
Sun Nov 7 16:01:38 UTC 2010

Hello,

I'm using qemu-create I created qcow2 image, which size is 15 GB. Now I
am trying to create a virtual machine as follows
===
virt-install --name freebsd8 --ram 384 --disk
path=/mnt/sde1/work/VM/bsd.qcow2,format=qcow2,size=15 --vcpus=2
--accelerate --network network:default
--cdrom=/var/ftp/mirror/FreeBSD/ISO-IMAGES-amd64/8.1/FreeBSD-8.1-RELEASE-amd64-disc1.iso
===
(one line)

There are no error messages, but while I am installing freebsd, it says
there is not enough of disk space. In xml there is <driver name='qemu'
type='raw'/>

python-module-virtinst-0.500.1

I installed virt-manager and tried to create an image. It creates an
image in qcow2 if I choose to cerate a virtual disk in a file instead of
using an existing one.