[virt-tools-list] virt-p2v (just out of curiosity)

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Nov 18 09:45:06 UTC 2010

On Thu, Nov 18, 2010 at 09:37:22AM +0000, Matthew Booth wrote:
> On 11/18/2010 09:04 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >On Wed, Nov 17, 2010 at 08:05:46PM -0600, Trey Nolen wrote:
> >>I still have the ISO for the old one and it works fine for me on most
> >>machines, but I hope the new one supports converting machines that are
> >>using software RAID.
> >
> >I don't think Matt has considered this case, but I'll let him know.
>
> Indeed not. What's the complication?

It's probably just that devices might be called /dev/md[[:digit:]]+

You probably don't want to be sending across component devices in this
case, not least because that would involve sending duplicate data.

On the other hand if they are using LVM-on-RAID and you are going to
send LVs, then there is no reason to consider the /dev/mdX devices at
all.

Rich.