[virt-tools-list] restoring backup from an LVM Guest OS on KVM Lucid

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Oct 4 07:13:58 UTC 2010

On 10/04/2010 06:08 PM, Tapas Mishra wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM, Justin Clift<jclift at redhat.com>  wrote:
> ....snip........
>
>> I *think* that's what you're asking?  Is that right? :)
>>
>> I just tried fdisk /dev/nintendo/testlvm
> and created the things as I wanted thanks.
> I did not knew that we can use fdisk to partition an LVM also.
> Every thing is perfectly working.

No stress. :)

The error from fdisk was because the "disk" it was given was _really_
blank.  Not even a data structure at the start (called a disk label)
to say what to expect in the way of partition structures.  (there are
a few options... dos style partitions are not the only choice)

But, sounds like you've got it figured, so all good. :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift