[virt-tools-list] passing custom parameters to kvm?

Tomasz Chmielewski mangoo at wpkg.org
Fri Sep 3 12:05:43 UTC 2010

On 03.09.2010 13:50, Matthias Bolte wrote:

>    <domain type='kvm' xmlns:qemu='http://libvirt.org/schemas/domain/qemu/1.0'>
>      <qemu:commandline>
>        <qemu:arg value='-cpu'/>
>        <qemu:arg value='host'/>
>      </qemu:commandline>
>    </domain>
>
> in the XML config of the domain using 'virsh edit<domain-name>'.
>
> But make sure that you don't add a<cpu>  element to the XML config
> then, because that would result in two -cpu options in the final
> commandline.

Seems to work - thanks.

But: how do I change setting in /etc/libvirt/qemu/<guest>.xml file, so
that libvirt knows about it?

Right now, as I edit it, the guest starts with old values (i.e. <cpu> I
specified before, but which is already gone from the file).

Restarting libvirtd doesn't seem to be a really proper way, or?

--
Tomasz Chmielewski
http://wpkg.org