[virt-tools-list] Virt-manager freezes when I try to open a remote qemu+ssh connection

Bruno Lamps lampss at gmail.com
Mon Aug 1 19:04:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I have 3 KVM production servers, running on NICs 192.168.1.2, 192.168.1.3
and 192.168.1.4. All these servers runs on ubuntu 10.04 LTS and libvirt
0.7.5.

I also have a simple personal computer, that I use to manage my 3 production
servers. This PC was running OK with ubuntu 11.04, dunno what libvirt
version and virt-manager 0.8.7  until two weeks ago, when I decided to
format him and install Centos 6 and Fedora 15, just for kicks. With Centos
6.0 and it's default virt-manager version, I was able to connect to one of
my servers, identified with IP 192.168.1.4. But when I try to connect to one
of the other servers, virt-manager freezes. If I kill the aplication and
start it again, it fails to connect to any of my 3 hypervisors. It's
necessary to reboot the system in order to be able to open my 192.168.1.4
server again.

This same problem ocurred in Fedora 15 (with both virt-manager 0.8.7 and
0.9.0). Today I reinstalled ubuntu 11.04 in this machine (missed unity so
much), but the same error that ocurred to Centos 6 and Fedora 15 is
happening on Ubuntu. I'm using Ubuntu 11.04 64bits with kernel 2.6.38,
libvirtd 0.8.8 and virt-manager 0.8.7.

I can succesfully connect to these 3 servers using virsh. I'm attaching to
this e-mail a log, showing my succesful attempts to connect to these servers
using virsh, and then listing the virtual machines of these servers. Then I
run virt-manager, connect to 192.168.1.4 server, everything runs fine, and
then I finnally try to connect to 192.168.1.3 server. Virt-manager freezes
and I show in terminal the output of
/home/lamps/.virt-manager/virt-manager.log

Can someone help me?

Thanks in advance and, once again, sorry for the broken english,

-----
Att,
Bruno Santana