[virt-tools-list] kvm vs. virsh

Jeff jwk1230 at gmail.com
Fri Aug 5 16:28:38 UTC 2011

I have a rather dumb question that I think I already know the answer to, but I want to be sure.

I see a lot of patches, queries, etc. posted to the various Virtualization lists that refer to using commands like "kvm" and "qemu-kvm" to do various things in KVM. I'm using Red Hat Enterprise Linux, and I have installed all the qemu packages, yet I don't have those commands. I am using "virsh" to manipulate libvirt.

The question is...what is the difference between the sets of commands and should I be concerned if I don't have the former set?