[virt-tools-list] virt-manager VM console verry slow

Hansa mythtv at logic-q.nl
Fri Dec 2 08:57:45 UTC 2011

On Friday 2 december 2011 1:33, Eric Blake wrote
> To: Hansa
> Cc: > Subject: Re: [virt-tools-list] virt-manager VM console verry slow
>
> On 12/01/2011 03:43 PM, Hansa wrote:
> > Hi
> >

> > The VM console in virt-manager is very slow. Can speed  be increased
> > somehow?
>
> What distro are you using, and what versions of virt-manager and
> libvirt?  There was at one point a bug (was it in gtk?) that was
> triggered by virt-manager displays, with symptoms of the display
> slowing to a crawl due to a memory leak in the underlying graphics
> library; I remember seeing it in Fedora 14 ages ago.  But it has since
> been fixed in most distros - alas, you didn't give us enough
> information to know if you are still impacted.

You are right. It was fixed in gtk-vnc-0.4.2-4. I'm running Debian Squeeze
with 2.6.32-5-amd64 kernel and current gtk-vnc version is gtk-vnc-0.4.1-4.
Turns out there's no update in Debian unstable. So I guess I need to compile
from source or switch to another distro.

Thanks!