[virt-tools-list] fail to build virt-top

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 08:31:25 UTC 2011

On Tue, Dec 20, 2011 at 10:03:37AM +0800, Lai Jiangshan wrote:
> On 12/19/2011 11:27 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, Dec 19, 2011 at 05:59:25PM +0800, Lai Jiangshan wrote:
> >>
> >> Hi, rjones
> >>
> >> I try to use virt-top in my fedora box. it fails with:
> >> (virt-top version: virt-top-1.0.6)
> > [...]
> >> ocaml-3.11.2-2.fc13.x86_64
> >
> > I think this is a bug in virt-top.  But I also notice that you don't
> > have 'ocaml-gettext-devel' installed.  You could try installing that,
> > as we usually use gettext.
> >
> > An alternative is to make a change like this:
> >
> > -  | str ->
> > -      failwithf (f_"%s: sort order should be: %s")
> > -        str "cpu|mem|time|id|name|netrx|nettx|blockrdrq|blockwrrq"
> > +  | str ->
> > +      eprintf "%s: sort order should be: %s"
> > +        str "cpu|mem|time|id|name|netrx|nettx|blockrdrq|blockwrrq";
> > +      assert false
> >

> Could you fix it in the source code of virt-top in your website.

No, because this is just a hack, and I cannot reproduce the problem
you are reporting.

Please try it with either OCaml 3.12 (unlikely to be the cause) or
with ocaml-gettext-devel installed (more likely).  Then let me know
which fixes it.  Note again Fedora 13 is obsolete.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/