[virt-tools-list] C'ant migrate with virt-manager or virsh

Bruno Lamps lampss at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 12:25:47 UTC 2011

Updating the thread:

I was using fedora 13 (kernel 2.6.32) in one machine and fedora 14 (kernel
2.6.35) in other, so I made a fresh install in the first machina, so now
it's running fedora 14 with 2.6.35 x64 kernel, same as the second machine.

Now when I try to migrate a VM through virt-manager, the following message
appears:

Erro ao receber a validação de entrada: [Errno -2] Nome ou serviço
> desconhecido
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/migrate.py", line 423, in
> finish
>     dsthost = destconn.get_qualified_hostname()
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/connection.py", line 342,
> in get_qualified_hostname
>     return gethostbyaddr(gethostname())[0]
> gaierror: [Errno -2] Nome ou serviço desconhecido

In english, this error means something like "error receiving validation for
input: Error n 2 Unknown name or service. Traceback blablabla...

If I try to migrate using virsh, these error messages appears:

virsh # migrate zaba-t2 qemu+ssh://192.168.0.67/system
root at 192.168.0.67's password:
erro:operation failed: migration to 'tcp:fedorao.pisolar:49153' failed:
migration failed

virsh # migrate zaba-t2 qemu://192.168.0.67/system
erro:Impossível acessar CA certificate "/etc/pki/CA/cacert.pem": Arquivo ou
diretório não encontrado

What am I doing wrong? I disabled iptables and selinux for running these
tests.