[virt-tools-list] C'ant migrate with virt-manager or virsh

Bruno Lamps lampss at gmail.com
Wed Feb 2 20:11:24 UTC 2011

Hi,

I configured hostname and domainname for both systems, and added both to
eachother's /etc/hosts. Hostname and /etc/hosts of systems should look like
this?

[root at cluster ~]# hostname
cluster.pisolar
[root at cluster ~]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1    cluster    localhost.localdomain    localhost    localhost4
::1    cluster    localhost6.localdomain6    localhost6
192.168.0.67 fedorao.pisolar fedorao

AND

[root at fedorao ~]# hostname
fedorao.pisolar
[root at fedorao ~]# cat /etc/hosts
127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain    localhost    localhost4
::1    localhost6.localdomain6    localhost6
192.168.1.4 cluster.pisolar cluster

(cluster has ip 192.168.1.4 and fedorao has ip 192.168.0.67)

I also created a directory /media/nfs067 in machine fedorao.pisolar, shared
it with cluster.pisolar using nfs, and mounted it in /media/nfs067, in case
different paths be a problem to virsh and virt-manager. =D

Then I created a VM with disk in /media/067 and tried to live migrate it
with virt-manager 0.8.6. Got this error message:

Unable to migrate guest: operation failed: Migration unexpectedly failed
> Unable to migrate guest: operation failed: Migration unexpectedly failed
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 45, in
> cb_wrapper
>     callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/migrate.py", line 523, in
> _async_migrate
>     vm.migrate(dstconn, migrate_uri, rate, live, secure, meter=meter)
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1141, in
> migrate
>     self._backend.migrate(destconn.vmm, flags, newname, interface, rate)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 518, in
> migrate
>     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainMigrate() failed',
> dom=self)
> libvirtError: operation failed: Migration unexpectedly failed

Using virsh, I get the same error:

[root at fedorao ~]# virsh migrate --live lol qemu+ssh://192.168.1.4/system
root at 192.168.1.4's password:
erro:operation failed: Migration unexpectedly failed

I'm feeling a bit lost right now. =/