[virt-tools-list] C'ant migrate with virt-manager or virsh

Bruno Lamps lampss at gmail.com
Thu Feb 3 11:48:35 UTC 2011

Ok. While waiting for Daniel's, I tryed to add one more line to /etc/hosts.
Now it looks like this:

127.0.0.1    localhost.localdomain   localhost    localhost4
::1     localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
*192.168.0.67 fedorao.pisolar fedorao*
192.168.1.4 cluster.pisolar cluster

I added the line pointing the name of the "fedorao" machine on it's own
/etc/hosts, made the same in "cluster" machine, rebooted both, and tried to
migrate again.

Migrating with virt-manager gives me this error message:

Unable to migrate guest: operation failed: Migration unexpectedly failed
> Unable to migrate guest: operation failed: Migration unexpectedly failed
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 45, in
> cb_wrapper
>     callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/migrate.py", line 523, in
> _async_migrate
>     vm.migrate(dstconn, migrate_uri, rate, live, secure, meter=meter)
>   File "/usr/local/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1141, in
> migrate
>     self._backend.migrate(destconn.vmm, flags, newname, interface, rate)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 518, in
> migrate
>     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainMigrate() failed',
> dom=self)
> libvirtError: operation failed: Migration unexpectedly failed

Trying to use virsh, I get this answer:

[root at fedorao ~]# virsh migrate --live lol qemu+ssh://192.168.1.4/system
> root at 192.168.1.4's password:
> erro:operation failed: Migration unexpectedly failed

(lol being the name of my test VM)