[virt-tools-list] virt-manager for Windows

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Feb 7 09:47:05 UTC 2011

On 04/02/2011, at 11:27 AM, Kai Meyer wrote:
> On 02/02/2011 02:59 PM, Matthias Bolte wrote:
<snip>
>> Okay, I've push the additional scripts for virt-manager to github now,
>> so you can give them a try.
<snip>

> This is great work. I had no issues while getting through the readme.txt instructions. virt-manager opens and runs great... except I'm setup for all SSH authentication. Probably time to go through and get through the TLS certificate generation done.
>
> Is there any plans to support the ssh transport soon?

It seems to be more on the "would be good to have" list, rather than the "we
need this asap" list of things.  So, for the moment, you're definitely best
to use TLS.

Also compiled this over the weekend and cranked it up, but didn't have time
to go through the TLS generation so didn't have anything to connect to. Heh.

Looks good Matthias. :)

The only weirdness I noticed straight off is the icons in the toolbar.  The
were small red X's, which generally means gtk couldn't find the icons picture
files.  Did you guys get that as well?  (it could be just my setup, not sure)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift