[virt-tools-list] How do I set up spice with virt-manager-0.8.6?

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Mon Feb 7 10:43:58 UTC 2011

On 05/02/2011, at 12:14 PM, sean darcy wrote:
<snip>
> But I can't connect to the vm using spicec or spicey from a remote.
>
>> From the server host:
>
> spicec -h localhost -p 5930
> Warning: failed to connect: Connection refused (111)
>
> Is there a way to have virt-manager to use spice, or do I need to edit
> the /etc/libvirt/qemu/*.xml by hand?

Hi Sean,

I personally haven't get looked into SPICE yet (it's on my ToDo list),
so can't give in depth help here.  Looking at the error that you mention
though, it seems like things aren't even listening for connections.

Have you looked inside the /etc/libvirt/ directory for configuration files
that might be relevant.  It's probably the first place to start, and from
memory I kind of think I've seem mention of SPICE and ports in there.

It *might* just be a matter of enabling something and restarting stuff.
(hopefully) :)

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift