[virt-tools-list] where are vmnet0 and other virtual interfaces defined by virt-manager

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 08:10:31 UTC 2011

I had used virt-manager to create a few Virtual Machines on a KVM based server.
I type brctl show and the output is
brctl show
bridge name	bridge id		STP enabled	interfaces
br0		8000.0026b9824238	no		eth2
							vnet0
							vnet1
							vnet2
							vnet3

I have included eth2 in the /etc/network/interfaces file

auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The primary network interface
auto eth2
iface eth2 inet manual

auto br0
iface br0 inet static
       address 192.168.1.14
       netmask 255.255.255.0
       network 192.168.1.0
       broadcast 192.168.1.255
       gateway 192.168.1.10
       # dns-* options are implemented by the resolvconf package, if installed
       dns-nameservers 192.168.13.2
       dns-search myserver.net
       bridge_ports eth2
       bridge_fd 9
       bridge_hello 2
       bridge_maxage 12
       bridge_stp off

This setup is working perfectly fine and all the Virtual Machines are
able to access internet and vice versa.

How ever I am curious to look at where are the vmnet0 vmnet 1 defined
by the virt-manager(which I see in brctl show)
 so which files should I look in?

--
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com