[virt-tools-list] autostart of (some) domains some times fail

Tapas Mishra mightydreams at gmail.com
Tue Jan 11 10:04:08 UTC 2011

In my KVM setup I have four VMs.
Who have  four softlinks

/etc/libvirt/qemu/autostart/vm.xml to /etc/libvirt/qemu/vm.xml

but my observation is after reboots it is not necessary that the
Virtual Machine will start.
I have observed inspite of above entry some of the VMs some time fail to start.
That time I manually have to ssh and virt-manager and start them.
So I am not sure as what exactly can cause this because I see some
times failing these VMs
 to start and which one of them will it be it can be uncertain.I have
no idea of this as why this might be happening but just wanted to
inform may be some one on the list would be interested in it.
virt-manager version 0.8.2
the OS on this server is Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit

Linux  2.6.32-21-server #32-Ubuntu SMP Fri Apr 16 09:17:34 UTC 2010
x86_64 GNU/Linux

--
http://mightydreams.blogspot.com