[virt-tools-list] the best choice for virt-manager dev/hack

Justin Clift jclift at redhat.com
Fri Jan 14 16:47:29 UTC 2011

On 15/01/2011, at 3:34 AM, Zdenek Styblik wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I'm wondering what would be the best choice for toying around
> virt-manager. My beloved Slackware is out; Debian is also out, although
> I'm running virt-manager from package at it.
> Fedora then?

Probably Fedora for the "absolute best supported" way of doing things.

Mainly because lots of the development team use it, so things tend to
"just work" for it.

Ubuntu also has a fair number of people that use it too, and OpenSUSE
is used by some of the developers as well.

> Something to put into Guest VM and "forget" about it. I don't want to
> use it, but eventually try to hack something in virt-manager and check
> out results.

Yeah.  I'd say "Fedora" here.  Or one of each, if you're interested in trying
out the differences, etc. :)