[virt-tools-list] what does virt-v2v check for in a multiboot os?

Kenneth Armstrong digimars at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:56:25 UTC 2011

Thanks Rich,

I tried this again and it still failed.  This is a single vmdk disk
with two partitions.  I deleted out the second partition (that didn't
have anything on it) and it worked.  However, i have other vm's to
import that I can't delete out the second partition, so that isn't
ideal.

I was looking through the virt-v2v script itself (this is on RHEL 6)
and noticed that it was supposed to run the inspection before it
creates the target vm image (I'm no PERL guy, but that's what I got
from the script).  However, when I run the utitlity, it goes through
the whole process of creating the target vm (which took about 2.5
hours on my last try) and then failed because "multiboot operating
systems are not supported by virt-v2v."

Could the utility be changed to check that before it tries to convert
it?  That would save a lot of time from being wasted by a process that
won't work.

-Kenny