[virt-tools-list] what does virt-v2v check for in a multiboot os?

Kenneth Armstrong digimars at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 14:18:54 UTC 2011

"Unfortunately not. It can't inspect the guest to determine that it
can't convert it until it has copied it. It's the copy that takes the
time. Creating the new target volume and conversion only take a minute
or so."

Is that just a limitation of libguestfs not able to read a vmdk image?
 Would it be possible to have that feature in the future, to expedite
a conversion (or at least check to see if a conversion is even
possible?)

-Kenny