[virt-tools-list] network problem

Alexander Nagel alexander at acwn.de
Wed Jan 26 19:34:07 UTC 2011

Hi,

i'm new in kvm and about to try out kvm and virt-manager. So far it
works, but i have a network issue. When i want to start the default
network config, i get this error:

Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/host.py", line 401, in
start_network
     net.start()
   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/network.py", line 97, in start
     self.net.create()
   File "/usr/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/libvirt.py", line 866, in create
     if ret == -1: raise libvirtError ('virNetworkCreate() failed',
net=self)
libvirtError: internal error '/sbin/iptables --table filter --delete
INPUT --in-interface virbr0 --protocol udp --destination-port 69 --jump
ACCEPT' exited with non-zero status 1 and signal 0: iptables: Bad rule
(does a matching rule exist in that chain?).

I expected that the bridge is configured.

I also found a bug at:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/libvirt/+bug/668043

I'm running a Debian Squeeze here. If you need more info, please ask.
Has someone an idea how i can solve this issue?

greets
Alexander

--

Alexander Nagel