[virt-tools-list] what does virt-v2v check for in a multiboot os?

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Jan 27 08:47:04 UTC 2011

On Wed, Jan 26, 2011 at 10:54:34PM -0500, Kenneth Armstrong wrote:
> This is with the Recovery Console installed:
>
> [root at rhel6 testing]# virt-inspector --perl sr-adc01.BOTETOURTVA.US-flat.vmdk
[...]
> It doesn't look that much different except for the additions of the
> cmdcons directory and the cmldr file on the root of C:\

This can't be the same guest that virt-v2v complained about, because
virt-inspector clearly doesn't think the guest is multiboot.

> Going back to the very original problem, I wasn't able to use virt-v2v
> until I deleted my second partition from my vmdk file (which was
> empty).
>
> I had a single vmdk file, with the OS on one partition, and useless
> data on the second.  I couldn't get virt-v2v to do anything with the
> vm because it thought (I assume) that the second partition was another
> OS, so I deleted that partition, and then virt-v2v worked fine.

What makes you think the sescond partition had "useless" data on it?

In any case the second partition doesn't show up at all on the data
provided above so this useless data seems to be the key to the
problem.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top