[virt-tools-list] C'ant migrate with virt-manager or virsh

Bruno Lamps lampss at gmail.com
Fri Jan 28 20:20:07 UTC 2011

Hi, this is my first post in here, I looked for the archives in the past 3
months and wasn't able to solve my problem, and almighty google couldn't
help me either. I couldn't find a search tool in the mail list archives, so
I'm asking here:

I can't migrate a VM, either in virt-manager or virsh. I tried virt-manager
0.8.5 and 0.8.6 (compiled this morning), and I don't know virsh version
returns these informations: Compiled using lib: libvir 0.8.2, Using lib:
libvir 0.8.2, Using API: QEMU 0.8.2, running Hypervisor: QEMU 0.12.3.

In virt-manager, I right-click a running VM (since the option is grey to VMs
that aren't running), click on Migrate and get the following error message,
no mather what checkboxes I check:

Unable to migrate guest: internal error Process exited while reading console
> log output: char device redirected to /dev/pts/0
> qemu: could not open disk image /var/lib/libvirt/images/debianmini.img: No
> such file or directory
>
> Details: Unable to migrate guest: internal error Process exited while
> reading console log output: char device redirected to /dev/pts/0
> qemu: could not open disk image /var/lib/libvirt/images/debianmini.img: No
> such file or directory
>
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/asyncjob.py", line 45, in
> cb_wrapper
>     callback(asyncjob, *args, **kwargs)
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/migrate.py", line 523, in
> _async_migrate
>     vm.migrate(dstconn, migrate_uri, rate, live, secure, meter=meter)
>   File "/usr/share/virt-manager/virtManager/domain.py", line 1141, in
> migrate
>     self._backend.migrate(destconn.vmm, flags, newname, interface, rate)
>   File "/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 518, in
> migrate
>     if ret is None:raise libvirtError('virDomainMigrate() failed',
> dom=self)
> libvirtError: internal error Process exited while reading console log
> output: char device redirected to /dev/pts/0
> qemu: could not open disk image /var/lib/libvirt/images/debianmini.img: No
> such file or directory

Ops, there's on checkbox that changes this behavior: If I check the option
Tunnel migration through libvirt daemon, the system crashes.

Using virsh, if I try a syntax like "migrate --persistent --undefinesource
--copy-storage-all --domain debianmini --desturi qemu+ssh://
root at 192.168.1.4/system --dname ldapequenes", I get this error message:

erro:internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char
device redirected to /dev/pts/0
qemu: could not open disk image /var/lib/libvirt/images/debianmini.img: No
such file or directory

I tried different syntaxes in virsh, with and without live VMs, with and
without --copy-storage. Other example: migrate --persistent intra
qemu+ssh://192.168.1.4/system?no_verify=1, to get the message:

erro:internal error Process exited while reading console log output: char
> device redirected to /dev/pts/0
> qemu: could not open disk image /opt/intra.img: No such file or directory

What am I doing wrong? My /opt directory is a pool in virt-manager, and it's
also configured in the destination host, mounted in /media/opt067 and added
as a storage pool. I already tried the ugly and despaired chmod -R 777 /opt,
but it didn't work. :lol:

Sorry for my broken english. =]