[virt-tools-list] Win2003 VMs not shuting down

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Jul 5 12:53:01 UTC 2011

On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 08:16:00PM +0100, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 30, 2011 at 03:41:36PM -0300, Bruno Lamps wrote:
> > =o
> >
> > Can I "use" the mouse with virsh commands? How?
>
> It's a good question.  You will be able to send keys using virsh
> commands in some future version of libvirt.  I couldn't find any way
> to drive VNC from the command line, but it surely must be possible.
> Dan ...?

This turns out to be a whole lot more complicated than I thought, but
nevertheless here it is, a command line tool that can send synthetic
mouse clicks to a VNC server:

http://git.annexia.org/?p=virt-click.git;a=summary

eg:

  virt-click --vnc localhost:1 click 200 200 right

Eventually we want to make this work for SPICE and also allow it to
transparently connect to libvirt guests, but that work is NOT done
yet.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-top