[virt-tools-list] libguestfs Ubuntu 10.04 - not compiling

Ruzsinszky Attila ruzsinszky.attila at gmail.com
Sat Jun 4 20:28:49 UTC 2011

Hi,

I tried to build it for me.
I followed the description:
http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2010/09/11/notes-compiling-libguestfs-from-source-on-ubuntu-10-04/

I changed two things:

1. debirf was not installed because it wanted uninstall grub

2. libguestfs-1.5.26

checking for xmllint... xmllint
checking for qemu-kvm... no
checking for qemu-system-x86_64... /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64
checking for virtio-serial support in /usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64... no
configure: error: in `/home/rattila/libguestfs/libguestfs-1.5.26':
configure: error: I did not find virtio-serial support in
/usr/bin/qemu-system-x86_64.

virtio-serial support in qemu or KVM is essential for libguestfs
to operate.

Usually this means that you have to install a newer version of qemu
and/or KVM.  Please read the relevant section in the README file for
more information about this.

You can override this test by setting the environment variable
vmchannel_test=no  However if you don't have the right support
in your qemu, then this just delays the pain.

If I am using the wrong qemu or you want to compile qemu from source
and install it in another location, then you should configure with
the --with-qemu option.

See `config.log' for more details

What could be the problem?

TIA,