[virt-tools-list] Resizing ext4 fedora qemu guest

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Fri Jun 10 11:45:25 UTC 2011

Original message:
https://www.redhat.com/archives/libvirt-users/2011-June/msg00017.html

Best to post libguestfs and virt-tools questions on one of these two
mailing lists:

The answer is: yes, virt-resize understands ext4.

I can't really say more since you don't say what virt-resize command
line you are actually using.  But if I were a gambling man, I'd say
it's because you've forgotten:

  --lv-expand /dev/vg_custserv/lv_home

(or whichever filesystem you want to resize).

If that's not the problem, please post a full description of what
you're trying to do, including the virt-resize command, the full
output of the command, and the output of 'virt-filesystems --all --long'
before and after the resize.

Rich.

http://et.redhat.com/~rjones/virt-df/