[virt-tools-list] Regarding automation of VM creation

siva koteswararao siva.chimakurthi at gmail.com
Fri Mar 25 17:00:30 UTC 2011

Hi all,
      I would like to create the XEN guests using virt-install package. I
was able to write the correct command line options for creating the guest
like ram,location etc. But, is there any way to automate the installation of
O.S too using command line? If so, please tell me.

For eg: I would like to create a VM(XEN Hyper) with O.S as ubuntu. For this
I have written the following command.

virt-install --name myubuntu --hvm --ram 1024 --disk
path=/dev/vg_new/ubuntu1,size=10 --vnc --os-type=linux --os-variant
ubuntulucid -c /var/images/ubuntu-10.04-alternate-i386.iso --vcpus=1

But, I also want to give options like 'english' as language and location as
'india' etc through command line for ubuntu installation. Please tell me if
there is any way to do it. I would like to do all this process(till the end
of OS installation) by issuing commands.

Thanking you,
siva