[virt-tools-list] Why virsh shutdown does not work?

Bruno Lamps lampss at gmail.com
Fri May 13 17:34:38 UTC 2011

Hi,

So a VM with "<acpi/> " in it's xml, running linux, with kacpid running,
will shutdown "gracefully" if I use virsh shutdown, right?

In all my ubuntu VMs, I only found a process called kacpid, with a very low
PID. Yesterday I tried to shutdown one of them, and it didn't work. But in
my debian VM, witch was shutdown yesterday too and in it's case the "virsh
shutdown VM" worked fine, I found 2 running processes, as shown here:

debianldap:~# ps aux | grep acpid
root        41  0.0  0.0      0     0 ?        S<   May12   0:00 [kacpid]
root      1590  0.0  0.9   1768   572 ?        Ss   May12   0:00
/usr/sbin/acpid

Got it, my ubuntu VMs have no acpi support installed/running. Does anyone
knows how can I enable that?

Thanks again. ;D