[virt-tools-list] Virt-p2v could not detect NTFS

jkhhui at ogcio.gov.hk jkhhui at ogcio.gov.hk
Tue May 17 03:43:36 UTC 2011

Hi Rich,

The link to download http://www.annexia.org/tmp/virt-p2v-0.9.9.iso is
dead. Would you please switch on the server?

Regards,
James

"Richard W.M. Jones" <rjones at redhat.com>
01.04.2010 06:02

jkhhui at ogcio.gov.hk
cc
virt-tools-list at redhat.com
Subject
Re: [virt-tools-list] Virt-p2v could not detect NTFS

On Mon, Mar 29, 2010 at 10:10:36AM +0800, jkhhui at ogcio.gov.hk wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Virt-p2v (http://www.annexia.org/tmp/virt-p2v-0.9.9.iso) works fine when
> physical Red Hat server is physically transformed. However, when MS
server
> (Windows XP in my case) is trying to be transformed to virtual machine,
> the disc could not detect the file system type of the Windows server as
it
> is running in NTFS.
>
> How to fix it?

I'm afraid there is no way.  We are still (slowly) rewriting virt-p2v.

You could try:

http://rwmj.wordpress.com/2009/10/13/poor-mans-p2v/

Rich.

--
Richard Jones, Virtualization Group, Red Hat
http://people.redhat.com/~rjones