[virt-tools-list] Install on RHEL6 or CentOS 6

Jonathan Bayer jbayer at bayertechnologygroup.com
Thu Nov 10 14:05:19 UTC 2011

Hi,

I've been trying to install the latest version of virt-manager on CentOS
6.1.  Apparently the libraries on CentOS 6.1 aren't late enough, since I
get some Python errors which refer to classes which don't exist.

So I've been wondering how difficult it would be to install the latest
virtinst, virt-manager in a separate directory.

I found ActivePython, which has all the latest versions of Python
available for free, and which installs in a separate directory.  But I'm
a bit at a loss as to what else would need to be installed in this
directory structure, and how.

Thanks in advance

JBB