[virt-tools-list] Wiki has been spammed

Daniel P. Berrange berrange at redhat.com
Thu Nov 10 20:08:07 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 02:49:04PM -0500, Cole Robinson wrote:
> On 11/10/2011 12:40 PM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
> > On Thu, Nov 10, 2011 at 09:07:02AM -0500, Jonathan Bayer wrote:
> >> Not sure who to send this to:
> >>
> >> On the wiki:  http://virt-manager.org/page/Main_Page
> >>
> >> On the third line of the first paragraph, the link to the User
> >> Registration has been changed, it now says:
> >>
> >> "irritable bowel syndrome", and links to:[..]
> >
> > Cole should be able to fix this I think.
> >

> Yeah I reverted that spam. Unfortunately there is a lot more:
>
> http://virt-manager.org/page/Special:Recentchanges
>
> And pretty sure the hosting policy forbids sending out mail so its tough
> to get notified of this stuff (and its a pain to revert anyways).

I have just enabled a Captcha on all the wikis hosted on et.redhat.com
that allow users to self-create accounts. It will require a math question
answer upon account creation, and upon any edit inserting a URL.

I will also be enabling mandatory email address confirmation for all
users soon.

These should cut down on spam problems.

Daniel