[virt-tools-list] Virt-manager (annoyance / bug?) - frequently I have to restart virtual machine manager otherwise I see 'Connecting to graphical console for guest' forever and it will never connect (until I restart vmm)

Morgan Cox morgancoxuk at gmail.com
Tue Nov 22 12:35:15 UTC 2011

Hi.

Client (desktop):-
Archlinux
Virt-manager 0.90 (latest)

Server:-
Ubuntu 11.10
qemu-kvm : 0.14.1
libvirt: 0.9.2

Having a really annoying bug with virt-manager...

Often - usually after I have entered an environment from virtual machine
manager (i.e via the vmm gui) , then left the guest then later tried to
re-enter it I just see

'Connecting to graphical console for guest' - it will never (I have left it
over 20 mins..) connect - until I close VMM - reconnect to the KVM server -
then when I double click on the guest I can see correctly.

How can I avoid this? its not a show stopper but it is annoying.

If I can provide and further info please let me know

Regards