[virt-tools-list] [libosinfo] Detection tool should set env for media ID

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) zeeshanak at gnome.org
Thu Nov 24 13:50:19 UTC 2011

On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 10:55 AM, Christophe Fergeau
<cfergeau at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 24, 2011 at 06:16:48AM +0200, Zeeshan Ali (Khattak) wrote:
>> From: "Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)" <zeeshanak at gnome.org>
>>
>> Detection tool now prints an environment variable 'OSINFO_MEDIA' with
>> the value of the ID of the media in the OS that was positively matched
>> against the media in question.
>>
>> This implies setting of a udev property for the device by the same name.
>
> Hmm this also means the OSINFO_LIVE/OSINFO_INSTALLER properties are no
> longer that useful, we can go from ID to database entry and get these
> properties from there. I'm pointing this out since iirc the less things we
> stick in udev, the better.

  Perhaps but then we'll need to waste some time in re-searching for
media/os that has already been searched for by another entitiy.
Besides I don't see any harm being done unless we put > 5 props there
since theoretically there is not limit.

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124