[virt-tools-list] virt-install not rebooting guest after install

Micheal Waltz mwaltz at qualcomm.com
Mon Nov 28 22:41:45 UTC 2011

> All you would have to do is watch to see
> when the guest has shutdown, and then virsh start it again. Thus
> you could parallelize things fairly easily.

I was able to use --wait=-1 in combination with subshells to have the
install reboot successfully. This was hit-and-miss though where some
domains would work and others would give the error:

ERROR    cannot send monitor command '{"execute":"query-balloon"}':
Connection reset by peer
Domain installation does not appear to have been successful.
If it was, you can restart your domain by running:
   virsh --connect qemu:///system start rhel-56-x86-64-gvbp

I am no longer using --wait and monitor virsh domstate like you
suggested. Now it's paralleled and fully automated.

Thank you for your help.

--
Micheal Waltz
Unix Configuration Management