[virt-tools-list] [live migration] After Migration based shared storage

Phil Meyer pmeyer at themeyerfarm.com
Wed Oct 26 18:43:25 UTC 2011

On 10/26/2011 06:25 AM, Christian Grassi wrote:

> Hi, is it running on both hosts? If you just see it in the host list
> but offline then is normal.
>
> Chris
>
> On Oct 26, 2011 3:15 PM, "Luengffy XUE" <feiliangxue at gmail.com
> <mailto:feiliangxue at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>     Hi
>     i have a problem that after the live migration based on shared
>     storage.
>
>     as
>
>         migrate --live vm1 qemu+ssh://destination/system
>
>     I found that the vm1 is also on the source host.
>
>     I can open two vm1s both on source host and destination host.
>
>     And I found the MACs of them are the same .
>
>     Can anyone tell me that  it is right?
>     Thanks

live migrate does ONLY that (rough list, not intended to correlate
exactly with current code):

1. start up remote instance
2. copy first pass of memory
3. check difference, LARGE=copy another pass while active
4. pause source and destination
5. copy last difference
6. shutdown source
7. resume destination

The rest is left up to you.

1. on destination: virsh dumpxml <domain> > /tmp/file$$
2. on destination: virsh define /tmp/file$$
3. on source: virsh undefine <domain>

Some scenarios may want to do different things, so its left up to you
what to do after a migrate.

Good Luck