[virt-tools-list] iSCSI disk goes missing after domU installation

Alan McKay alan.mckay+virt at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 13:40:29 UTC 2012

On Mon, Apr 16, 2012 at 4:04 PM, Konrad Rzeszutek Wilk <
konrad.wilk at oracle.com> wrote:

> OK, so the install CD unplug the emulated devices and the PV drivers
> got activated. Now when you boot your guest are using
>
> root=/dev/xvda1
> or
> root=UUID=xxxx
> or
> root=/dev/hdaX
> ?

I'm not at all familiar with the new Grub but when I look through grub.cfg
I see "menuentry" functions that seem straightforward enough to understand,
and they are using the UUID in all cases.

> And when you do boot that guest, what is your output? You can
> get it easily by doing something like this:
>

> And do 'xm console <guest>", and run 'vncviewer localhost:0'
> and in the GRUB entry add this to your Linux stanza:

OK, I'm not exactly sure how to use the new grub - I'll have to figure that
much out first so this might take me a bit to get this working to be able
to give you that output.

Thanks again - I really appreciate all your help.