[virt-tools-list] Connect virt-viewer to VM on remote host?

Jonathan E. Brickman jeb at ponderworthy.com
Sat Apr 28 14:54:51 UTC 2012

I have a SPICE-enabled QEMU VM running on a host, with SPICE-enabled
virt-viewer available on both the same host and a nearby machine on the
LAN; when I try to connect thusly:

virt-viewer --connect qemu://host GuestName

it pops up "Unable to connect to libvirt with URI qemu://host".  Already
verified that firewall is off on the host (it's Arch Linux).  Is there
something else to do to permit connection like this?  I've also tried by
VM number (there's only 1 right now) and UUID, same results.  I can
reach the host by GUI through virt-manager very well, working very
nicely with sound and everything.

--
Jonathan E. Brickman
/Ponderworthy Music/ <http://ponderworthy.com>