[virt-tools-list] Error connecting to remote console session

Nathan Bird nathan at acceleration.net
Wed Apr 4 21:55:09 UTC 2012

The current implementation of connecting to a VNC console on remote
hypervisor via qemu+ssh where the VNC listen address is localhost
doesn't work.

I think this was originally introduced in 422c0216d8 (which is what
ubuntu packaged causing me to chase this down). However, the refactoring
in a455ba72b6 changed the code leaving a new version of the bug in place.

The code (HEAD) is using the `is` operator (identity) to compare strings
where equality is desired. This has the result of not setting up the
tunnel over ssh to the remote server when required. The following patch
fixes that.

Regards,
Nathan Bird