[virt-tools-list] virt-manager and iSCSI

Alan McKay alan.mckay+virt at gmail.com
Thu Apr 5 16:54:14 UTC 2012

Well bad news - it does not recognize the disk at boot time.

It appears to be connected to the VM just fine but the console says :

Booting from Hard Disk
Boot from Hard Disk failed : could not read the boot disk
FATAL: no bootable device

So I removed it from the GUI and go to add it back and same thing.  When I
add it back I navigate to /dev/disk/by-path and see it there, but I also
see 3 partition in addition to the whole drive.   And I just add the whole
drive.

It works fine on VBox on a different physical server - been running there
for weeks.

I guess my next step is to create another iSCSI disk on my ZFS appliance
and try to do a fresh Ubuntu install from there.  In a pinch if that works
I can reconfigure it quickly to match the server I'm trying to bring up
now, since there is not much config done on it yet.  But of course it would
be much cleaner if I could just bring up the existing disk with the
existing Ubuntu Installation.

Any clues how to debug the above?  I went into the ZFS appliance and don't
see anything obvious there like restricting access to specific IPs or
whatever.