[virt-tools-list] Install KVM Virtual machine with virt-install on a LVM partition

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Thu Apr 26 08:40:09 UTC 2012

On Thu, Apr 26, 2012 at 10:36:31AM +0200, Arno Gaboury wrote:
> Why don't you specify --network? Not needed ?

It depends.  No --network gives you the defaults.
You could also specify: --network bridge=br0

> Is graohics spice best than vnc?

Usually yes.

> I do not want to use btrfs but ext4, but my host (Archlinux) use
> btfrs. Is this the reason I shall add #options="-x btrfs" ? Or shall
> I remove?

It's commented out in the script.  Only Fedora would use this option.

> What about sparse=false ? Not needed? Obsolete, or not a good solution?

I thought you were using an LV as storage?  There's no choice for LVs
(except with extremely recent versions of LVM that you're unlikely to
be using).

Rich.