[virt-tools-list] virt-manager HAL

Cole Robinson crobinso at redhat.com
Wed Aug 22 19:14:30 UTC 2012

On 08/22/2012 03:04 PM, Evaggelos Balaskas wrote:
> http://pastebin.com/eHjWLnb7
>
> btw thank you

Ah I see. We used to use HAL for two things: enumerating network devices, and
enumerating block devices. The latter is provided by nodedev APIs which your
libvirt supports. The former is provided by interface APIs which your libvirt
does _not_ support, so virt-manager tries to fall back to HAL and fails. This
failure shouldn't be fatal, just a small loss of functionality (specifically,
host network devices will not be enumerated in the UI for creating VM network
devices).

In order for libvirt to provide those APIs, and arch linux backend would need
to be provided for netcf.